Death Stranding is a popular action game developed by Kojima Productions. The game is centred around the journey of Sam Bridges who explores the ravaged landscape and fights against threats and dangers. If you are experiencing bugs or crashes while trying to play the game on PC, then check out the fixes mentioned below:
Check the version of DirectX.
You can check the version of DirectX by following these directions mentioned below:
- First of all, open the Run command prompt.
- Then input ‘dxdiag’ into it and hit the Enter button to invoke the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- Beneath the System section, check the listed DirectX version.
Update the DirectX Version
You can update the version of DirectX by following these directions mentioned below:
- Visit the download page of DirectX.
- Then move down and select the section of ‘DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.’
- After that, choose the language.
- Now, hit the Download button.
- After completing the download process, select the file of dxwebsetup.exe and pursue the steps to install it.
- Finally, reboot the system.
Allow the Game via Firewall
You can allow the game via firewall by following these directions mentioned below:
- First, you need to open the Settings app.
- Then choose the ‘Update and Security’ option.
- Reach the left panel and choose the ‘Windows Security option.
- Once you reach the section of ‘Protection areas’, select the ‘Firewall & network protection’ option.
- You should hit the ‘Allow an app through firewall’ option.
- Later, find the ‘Death Stranding’ option and mark the Public or Private option.
- Now, select the OK button to apply the changes.
Remove Temporary Files from the PC
You can remove the temporary files from the PC by following these directions mentioned below:
- Hold the Windows and R keys simultaneously to invoke the Run section.
- Then insert ‘%temp%’ into it and hit the Enter key.
- Now, choose entire folders by pressing Ctrl + A.
- After that, right-click on it and choose the Delete button.
- Now, reopen the game.
Confirm the Game Files on Steam
You can confirm the game files on Steam by following these directions mentioned below:
- Invoke the Steam client, beneath the tab of LIBRARY.
- Then pick the Death Stranding, and right-click on it then choose the Properties option.
- Later, click on the LOCAL FILES tab and choose the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES….’ Option.
- Now, wait for the process to finish.
The fixes and solutions mentioned above will help you fix the Death Stranding crashing issue on PC.
Edward Lewis is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Edward has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Source : Death Stranding Crashing Issue on PC